Pages

Minnesota Wild Rice Soup

My friend Beth, who I met through The Homeschool Post, sent me this delicious soup recipe from Minnesota in the swap package that she sent me. Minnesota Wild Rice Soup is creamy, hot, and very filling. It provides the perfect way to utilize vegetables from your summer garden, or provide a hot meal in the winter. It is also easy to make. I highly recommend that you try it! So here is Beth's recipe:


Minnesota Wild Rice Soup


1/2 cup wild rice
2 cups cold water
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup chopped onions
2/3 cup chopped celery
2/3 cup chopped carrots
4 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 1/4 cup milk, divided
Salt
Pepper


Soak rice in water 1-2 hours. Melt butter in soup pan. Add veggies and saute 3 minutes.


Add drained wild rice and saute 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. 


Add chicken broth. 


Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 1 hour, rice and veggies should be tender. Slowly add 2 cups milk to hot soup, stirring constantly. Mix well.


Dissolve cornstarch in remaining cold milk [1/4 cup]. 


Using whisk add to soup. Simmer until hot. Salt and pepper to taste. Serves 6-8.



Linking to:

Creation Corner Friday Link Party
Fingerprints on the Fridge Feature Yourself Friday
Sweet Tooth Friday
I Heart Naptime Sundae Scoop
Skip To My Lou Made By You Mondays
The Girl Creative Just Something I Whipped Up



No comments:

Post a Comment

I {L.O.V.E} comments! I read and value each one. Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think!