Pages

FamilyFun Holiday Challenge: Day 26 New Year's Countdown Bag



Check out the New Year's Countdown Bags we made based on the above video from FamilyFun.



Okay, so they aren't as cute as they could be, but they weren't bad for something that I threw together quickly. I used paper lunch bags and at first planned on drawing all of the clocks on, but changed my mind when I realized that would take too much time. So I printed some clock faces that I found online and added hands for the correct hours.


I made two bags for 9 pm, 10 pm, 11 pm, and 12 am so that Robo Dude and Cyber Princess would each have one bag to open each hour until midnight. I filled the bags with different things that we could do together to celebrate all evening.


The first bag was 9 pm and I kept it really simple. The bags had hats and party leis in them to get the kids in the party mood. (I don't know why the hats didn't make it into the picture).


At 10 pm Cyber Princess opened a bag that had a Monopoly Deal Card Game inside. This is one of our favorite games to play together and the only version of Monopoly that I will play willingly. Robo Dude's bag had Play-Doh. Which led to..


Our 11 pm bags had cookie scoops because I planned on having us bake cookies together and play Wii while the cookies were cooking. However, the kids were starting to get really tired at this point and announced that they didn't want to make cookies. So we played Wii till midnight, except for Nano Bot who was already asleep and Cyber Princess who fell asleep around 11:15 pm.


Robo Dude opened his last bag at midnight. They contained cups for us to drink sparkling apple cider and ring in the New Year.


We give this idea from FamilyFun 5 fingers. The kids loved opening a new surprise every hour and we had a lot of fun together. I think that we may have found a new family tradition for our New Year's celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {L.O.V.E} comments! I read and value each one. Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think!