Pages

FamilyFun Holiday Challenge: Day 36 Peanut Butter Brownies


Digital man loves peanut butter and chocolate, so I surprised him by trying out FamilyFun's Peanut Butter Brownies recipe. This was really an act of love because while I enjoy pb&j sandwiches and peanut butter cookies, chocolate and peanut butter together is not my favorite combo. Weird, huh?

When I made our brownies, I was running a little low on peanut butter. I literally scraped the jar out to use every last bit. So I am sure that we didn't quite use the full amount of peanut butter called for in the recipe. However, the brownies still turned out well, and neither Digital Man or the kids seemed to notice the peanut butter deficiency.

Peanut Butter Brownies from Family Fun

  • 1/4 lb. plus 2 tbsp. butter
  • 1 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
GLAZE 
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
  • Milk
  • 2 tbsp. chopped peanuts 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter over medium low heat in a saucepan. Stir in sugar, cocoa and eggs. Add flour and salt and stir until smooth.

Pour into lightly buttered 8 inch square baking pan. Drop peanut butter by teaspoonfuls onto batter. With a table knife, gently stir batter to create swirls.

Bake 30 minutes or just until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan and wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Do not overbake. Remove from oven and place pan on wire rack to cool completely.

For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and peanut butter. Stir in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time to reach spreading consistency. Spread evenly over brownies. Sprinkle with peanuts. Cut into bars before serving. Makes 16 brownies.


Rating: Even though I am not a big peanut butter and chocolate fan, these brownies were pretty good. I would give them 4 fingers, even though I personally won't be in a big hurry to make them again. I wasn't sure if the kids would eat them with the peanuts on top (Robo Dude has been in an anti-nut phase lately), but they gobbled them up quickly. In fact, they didn't last long at our house at all, which is always a sure sign that they are delicious!

As a side note, last night I decided to try creating a S'more brownie recipe. They turned out sooooo good! Hopefully I can share the recipe with you soon and one of these days I'm going to learn how to take better food pictures.

If you love brownies, be sure to check out Best Fudge Brownies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {L.O.V.E} comments! I read and value each one. Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think!