Pages

FamilyFun Holiday Challenge: Day 13 Best-ever Beef Stew


I discovered the recipe for Best-ever Beef Stew in one of FamilyFun's Facebook status updates in November. If you love FamilyFun and use Facebook, I highly recommend that you like FamilyFun too.

I didn't have all of the ingredients for the recipe so this is how I made it.

 Best-Ever Beef Stew
1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
2 large potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 can (14.5 oz) green beans, drained
1 lb beef stew-meat chunks
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp chopped garlic (I buy Christopher Ranch brand in a jar at Costco)
3 cups beef stock
2 TBS light brown sugar
3/4 tsp salt
pepper to taste
3 TBS all-purpose flour
2 tsps tomato paste

Put everything but the flour and tomato paste into a slow cooker, stir to combine. I cooked it on high for 4 hours. 30 minutes before serving, transfer a ladleful of broth to a small mixing bowl and add flour and tomato paste to mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Stir the mixture into the stew and cook the remaining half hour. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

This makes a creamy beef stew.  Everyone thought the stew was delicious, but we are not very used to creamy beef stews around here.  I will definitely make this stew again, but I will leave out the flour so that the stew is more traditional style.  I am also thinking of adding parsnips...We give FamilyFun's Best-ever Beef Stew 5 fingers. It is the perfect meal for a cold winter night!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I {L.O.V.E} comments! I read and value each one. Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think!